Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"Fortune Favors the Brave"
In a triumphant testament to testosterone, the IBRSC has been established to provide a union for those blokes who consistently dwell in that gray area between chivalry and misogyny. If your idea of a good time is risking life and limb to defend a maiden's honor (as long as the possibility of profit or nookie is in the bargain), then you're our kind of guy. Check out some of our role models: Han Solo, James T.Kirk, Bill Thorpe, Duncan McLeod, Henry Miller, The Gray Mouser, James Bond, Lance Druger*, D'Artagnan
Ask yourself these simple questions:
- Do you always shake hands with someone by grabbing the other persons wrist?
- Do you carry a bigger knife than the persons trying to mug you?
- Do you know the name of every Alewench & Rosegirl at a Faire? (and their natural hair color?)
- Does your belt feel uncomfortable without pouches & weapons hanging from it?
- Do you have a tankard in your car at all times, just in case?
- Do you wonder what every woman you meet would look like in a bodice?
- Have you been known to elicit world-weary sighs from wenches at 50 paces?
- Can you generate the emotions of lust and hate in the same woman at the same time?
- Have you ever played "Drench A Wench" with a slingshot & a wet sponge?
- When someone says, "John Barleycorn is dead," do you cheer?
- Do you know the ingredients of Dragon's Blood or Blue?
- Is that a sword, or are you just happy to be here? Or both?
- Have you had more Faire wives than real ones?
- If there is a Wench Walk going on, does it always find you?
- Have you ever received a pair of ladies panties for outstanding performance in a leading role?
- Are you ready to gnaw off your own arm to escape the strange, unconscious woman you woke up next to?
- Have you almost lost an eye while grape-diving on a steel-boned corset?
- Do you know the proper technique for the "Australian Grape Dive"?
- Are you more concerned about the Wenches than the Sheriff?
- Can you describe your religion as "bodice worshipping"?
- Do you drink several glasses of apple juice before going out as a favor to your date?
- Are you always getting sticky whiskers from too much honey dust grazing?
- Do wenches ask you for an "ice chest" on a regular basis?
- Do you get Free Kiss And/Or cards for your birthday?
- Is a wubby your idea of a proper greeting?
- Do you order a meal and when the waitress asks how you'd like it, reply, "with whips & chains, lass!"?
(*A True Rogue, Lance came up with a lot of the above criteria...what a guy.)
If you've racked up more than 5 "Ayes" to the previous queries, you rogue, then the only manly thing left to do is bloody well join up! When you do, you'll receive your Guild Pin, Special Free Kiss And/Or Cards, License To Ill and a digital download of Le Grimoir Libertine, the Guild Handbook, filled with gobs of devilish doings. So, what are you waiting for? There's honors to offer & offers to honor awaiting! And be sure to visit the official IBRSC website at www.ibrsc.org!
Please note: All guild orders contain customized certificates, pins and ID cards. Please allow 6-8 weeks to ship.